“When worlds collide…”
Burlesque Couture for Halloween
by !dM deviousMind
For Halloween Season 2011, we’d like to take you to a journey to where our world meets that of the other side. Our new costume spins around the idea of voodoo, one of the major religions of Haiti, Africa and a few other parts of the world. “Vodou” has come to be associated in popular culture with the lore of evoking dark powers, zombies and of course the use of “voodoo dolls” to harm others – all rather fitting themes for Halloween, although those concepts are to the most rather far from the religion’s true nature. Likely this misconception is connected to the deep belief in spirits and other aspects that are alien and scary to us: Ritual dances, tribal fetishes and participants in rituals becoming “possessed by the spirits” come to mind. It’s a long read if you’re interested in the history, and we’d suggest you to take some time and read into it :)
Anyhow – it’s Halloween. And anything that is scary is good for this time of year! So wrap yourself into some mysticism and throw those feathers and skulls on for a night where worlds collide.
This illustrated outfit consists of a variety of different items and clothing layers, to allow for flexibility when styling your avatar. And of course with a touch of burlesque if you so choose! The ragged leopard skirt comes in two versions, one plain, and one with highly detailed voodoo paraphernalia like bird skulls, pouches, lots of feathers and the infamous voodoo doll tagged to the belt. Wear it with a little bit of leapard fur nothingness, a richly detailed corset with attaching bone ties, or a red top tied to the tribal neckpiece which comes in 3 different versions from more plain to extravagant fancy with long pheasant feathers. Or simply burlesque – with tiny skull pasties ;) And to make it complete, the costume includes body paint on tattoo layers for face and body, a richly detailed fetish headDress, ritual staff and bangles for wrists and arm bands.
Those attachments that may require resizing can be adjusted by touch through a resize menu. Please see included notecard for details.
As well included is an UPDATE CHECK to keep you up to date with every piece of this outfit – please read all information at the end of the content listing.
Shoes are NOT part of the costume – worn for the ad are different releases by other SL creators.
You should find the following things in your inventory:
(copy/no transfer/no modify)
• !dM VoodooDoll – tribal face makeUp
• !dM VoodooDoll – tribal body makeUp
• !dM VoodooDoll – tribal fullBody makeUp
(*to use this layer, you will need an SL viewer which supports 2.0 features or higher)
• !dM VoodooDoll – fabricStripe **LEOPARD***
• !dM VoodooDoll – pasties***
• !dM VoodooDoll – holderTop **RED***
• !dM VoodooDoll – holderTop w/collar **RED***
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/AB***
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/AB w/holderTop **RED***
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/AB w/holderTop&collar **RED***
• !dM VoodooDoll – fabricStripe **LEOPARD**
• !dM VoodooDoll – pasties**
• !dM VoodooDoll – holderTop **RED**
• !dM VoodooDoll – holderTop w/collar **RED**
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/A**
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/A w/holderTop **RED**
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/A w/holderTop&collar **RED**
• !dM VoodooDoll – fabricStripe **LEOPARD*
• !dM VoodooDoll – pasties*
• !dM VoodooDoll – holderTop **RED*
• !dM VoodooDoll – holderTop w/collar **RED*
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/A*
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/A w/holderTop **RED*
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/A w/holderTop&collar **RED*
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/B**
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/B w/skirt **LEOPARD**
• !dM VoodooDoll – skirt **LEOPARD**
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/B*
• !dM VoodooDoll – corset/B w/skirt **LEOPARD*
• !dM VoodooDoll – skirt **LEOPARD*
(copy/no transfer/no mod)
• !dM VoodooDoll – ritualStaff (right hand)
• !dM VoodooDoll – voodoo doll (left hand)
Prim attachments with resize & stretch option:
(copy/no transfer/no mod)
• !dM VoodooDoll – bangles (w/resize) (left)
• !dM VoodooDoll – bangles (w/resize) (right)
• !dM VoodooDoll – bangles w/feathers (w/resize) (left)
• !dM VoodooDoll – bangles w/feathers (w/resize) (right)
• !dM VoodooDoll – arm bracelet (w/resize) (left)
• !dM VoodooDoll – arm bracelet (w/resize) (right)
• !dM VoodooDoll – tribalNecklace w/feathers (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM VoodooDoll – tribalNecklace (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM VoodooDoll – tribalNecklace plain (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM VoodooDoll – corsetTies part/A (chest)
• !dM VoodooDoll – corsetTies part/B (stomach)
• !dM VoodooDoll – corsetTies part/C (pelvis)
• !dM VoodooDoll – leopardSkirt (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM VoodooDoll – leopardSkirt plain (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM VoodooDoll – fabricStripe **LEOPARD** (spine)
• !dM VoodooDoll – featherFetish headDress (w/resize) (chin)
• !dM VoodooDoll – skullPasties (chest)
(Please see included notecard for information about used resize script)
Checking for Updates:
• !dM deviousMind “VoodooDoll” – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz)
Please inform us if anything is missing, just make sure SL did really unpack it all! (sometimes not all items are copied to your inventory, so please double-check by unpacking the box again in a low-lag zone before getting in touch with us)
Enjoy your new costume!
Remember that starting with viewer 2.0 and other 2.0 compatible viewers, you can use the “add” function (right-click item in inventory, then select “add”). Due to the complexity of this costume, this will be required if you would like to wear all prim attachments of the outfit at the same time!
The attaching ties are split into multiple pieces to allow them to somewhat work with the movement of AOs. Please understand that there’s unfortunately no perfect solution, so how well it works depends solely on how extreme movement your AO does in the pelvis/stomach/chest area.
Align the pasties at the correct height of your chest – by clicking them, you will get a menu so their placement can be adjusted to find the correct match to cover up. A preset of 20 different sizes is saved and should cover most avatar sizes. If you are unable to find a suitable preset, please feel free to leave a note to Chandra Meehan, ideally with a copy of your shape if available.
RESIZE & STRETCH:
The costume is due to it’s details rather prim heavy – for this reason, we’ve taken special account to using a resize script, that operates from the root prim only! And to make it even better, unlike old scripts, it allows you to stretch the pieces into one direction individually, so you can make things wider or narrower only to adjust them to your shape.
In most cases it helps to adjust the placement of the prims on your avatar before resizing, as the attachment position on first wearing highly depends on the height of your shape, length of arms/legs, etc., so items attach for everybody slightly different (higher or lower, sometimes a little rotating forward/backwards). You will find a picture guide in this box to explain how to edit the attachment point if you are unfamiliar with how to do it. :-)
Please make sure to take a copy of the original items (or keep your original box for backup in the folder) before moding and delete the scripts out of this modded copy after you are done! Included is a notecard for all functions of the script.
The pack includes an object named !dM deviousMind “VoodooDoll” – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz) which will check for free upgrades to any of the content of this set. We’ve included this so you will be up-to-date on all changes that might occur of any of the items and scripts in this set.
When rezzing, it will take a short while before the update client connects to our server and you will receive your free upgrade should any be available. In the rare case when it doesn’t automatically connect, you can call for the update manually by typing “/12update” (without quotes) in open chat right next to the object.
We keep you informed about item updates through our mainstore by signs at the vendor. Updates are as well listed on our blog: http://chanimations.deviousmind.net/about/updated/
And as with everything scripted: Make sure you are in a sim that allows for scripts to run!
All textures for this set (except white little skulls and white flower shading texture) are original designs and have been created by Chandra Meehan for (*chanimations and deviousMind – if you find them used by anybody else not connected to us, please inform us! Thank you in advance!
BAD SCULPTIE RENDERING?
If you have problems with sculpties seeming rough edged and not properly rezzing – go to Advanced Menu (if it doesn’t show on the top bar, press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-D to show it), Debug Setting… – type ‘RenderVolumeLODFactor’ (without quotes) and set it to 4.000. It will take a short moment and your sculpties will render smoother when looking at them from a distance! Search the Wiki if you want more info about the RenderVolumeLODFactor.