“Un vent de folie!”
by !dM deviousMind
While Baloo of the Jungle Book would be an appropriate guess as well, this little fruity number was created as hommage for one of the most amazing women of the early movie and theater days: Miss Josephine Baker (1906-1975) has become famous for many things, but the most memorable performance was likely her infamous “Banana Dance” as performed in the late 1920s at the Folies Bergères in Paris.
This illustrated costume allows you to revive those old cabaret days with a variety of items and clothing layers when styling your avatar. The set contains a sheer bra and panties, banana slice pasties and three different long pearl necklaces (both as prim attachments or optional as texture layer). And last but not least, Josephine’s infamous banana skirt in different versions: with many or less many bananas, with pearls, or with pearls and long flexi pearl strings. (please see full list of content in the following).
The costume includes as well an UPDATE CHECK to keep you up to date with every piece of this outfit – please read all information at the end of the content listing.
PS: We have also released matching photo poses of Josephines’s banana dance to this couture set – you see some of them on this vendor picture. Have a look at (*chanimations bonVoyage set #02 “Welcome to the Jungle!” to see all :)
You should find the following things in your new couture box, each in the color corresponding to your purchase:
• !dM Josephine – silkBra **PEARL***
• !dM Josephine – bananaPasties***
• !dM Josephine – necklaces **PEARL***
• !dM Josephine – silkBra **PEARL**
• !dM Josephine – bananaPasties**
• !dM Josephine – necklaces **PEARL**
• !dM Josephine – silkBra **PEARL*
• !dM Josephine – bananaPasties*
• !dM Josephine – necklaces **PEARL*
• !dM Josephine – silkPanties **PEARL**
• !dM Josephine – silkPanties **PEARL*
Prim attachments no mod/with stretch&resize:
• !dM Josephine – bananaSkirt/A (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Josephine – bananaSkirt/A w/ pearls (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Josephine – bananaSkirt/A w/ pearls&strings (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Josephine – bananaSkirt/B (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Josephine – bananaSkirt/B w/ pearls (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Josephine – bananaSkirt/B w/ pearls&strings (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Josephine – pearlNecklace centerStrings (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM Josephine – pearlNecklace frontPart (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM Josephine – pearlNecklace backPart (w/resize) (spine)
• !dM Josephine – bananaSlices (spine)
Prim attachments no mod/without resize:
• !dM Josephine – pearlEarring (left)
• !dM Josephine – pearlEarring (right)
Checking for Updates:
• !dM deviousMind Aloha ** – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz)
DETAILED INFORMATION (please read!)
Remember that starting with viewer 2.0 and other 2.0 compatible viewers, you can use the “add” function (right-click item in inventory, then select “add”). Due to SL prim linking restrictions, this will be required to wear all necklaces and pasties of this costume at the same time!
A texture version of the necklaces is included for those times that you can’t go wild hiding your avie behind prims ;)
RESIZE & STRETCH:
The costume is due to it’s details rather prim heavy – for this reason, we’ve taken special account to using a resize script, that operates from the root prim only! And to make it even better, unlike old scripts, it allows you to stretch the pieces into one direction individually, so you can make things wider or narrower only to adjust them to your shape.
Other than that, there’s not much to say this time aside from “Have fun!!”
The pack includes an object named “!dM deviousMind Josephine – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz)” which will check for free upgrades to any of the content of this set. We’ve included this so you will be up-to-date on all changes that might occur of any of the items and scripts in this set.
When rezzing, it will take a short while before the update client connects to our server and you will receive your free upgrade should any be available. In the rare case when it doesn’t automatically connect, you can call for the update manually by typing “/12update” (without quotes) in open chat right next to the object.
If nothing happens at all on rez or the manual call, it likely means that there is no update set up yet – it will function once a first update is available. We keep you informed through our mainstore and our blog about all set changes:
And as with everything scripted: Make sure you are in a sim that allows for scripts to run!
Enjoy your new costume!
All textures for this set (except the banana) have been created by Chandra Meehan for (*chanimations and deviousMind – if you find them used by anybody else not connected to us, please inform us! Thank you in advance!
BAD SCULPTIE RENDERING?
If you have problems with sculpties seeming rough edged and not properly rezzing – go to Advanced Menu (if it doesn’t show on the top bar, press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-D to show it), Debug Setting… – type ‘RenderVolumeLODFactor’ (without quotes) and set it to 4.000. It will take a short moment and your sculpties will render smoother when looking at them from a distance! Search the Wiki if you want more info about the RenderVolumeLODFactor.