“Once upon a Midnight dreary…”
Burlesque Couture and Halloween Costume
by !dM deviousMind
Right after Halloween follows another holiday to allow you to bring out those gorgeous costumes: El Dia de los Muertos, the day of the dead. Predominantly celebrated with brightly colored street decorations and costumes in Mexico, the traditions of this holiday is spread into the US and carried by Mexican migrants all over the world. So we’d like to join in the celebration with our own little corpse bride inspired neo-burlesque creation! (And we’re pretty sure some of the possible costume combinations with this set would be likely a bit too burlesque for the original holiday – but it had to give you some options for the stage, right? *winks*)
This illustrated costume consists of a variety of different items and clothing layers, to allow you utmost flexibility when styling your avatar. Aside from base clothing pieces like stockings, pantyhose and satin panties, you will find little skull pasties to go with a frilly ornatmented corset, or if you prefer more covered up, a bodice/corset combination with roses, bones and skulls giving the perfect finish. And of course with a tutu inspired bridal skirt and veil, 3 different options of sleeves and attachments for the garter clips. And to make it all perfect, 4 different shades of a traditional facemakeups! (Please see full list of content and properties in the following – the face makeup requires a tattoo layer compatible viewer.)
Those attachments that may require resizing can be adjusted by touch through a resize menu. Please see included notecard for details.
As well included is an UPDATE CHECK to keep you up to date with every piece of this outfit – please read all information at the end of the content listing.
Shoes are NOT part of the costume – worn for the ad are releases by BAX Boots (back left and right), and Stiletto Moody (front).
You should find the following things in your new couture box:
(copy/no transfer/no modify)
• !dM Lenore – faceMakeup 1 **Dia de los Muertos**
• !dM Lenore – faceMakeup 1 faded **Dia de los Muertos**
• !dM Lenore – faceMakeup 2 **Dia de los Muertos**
• !dM Lenore – faceMakeup 3 **Dia de los Muertos**
(*to use this layer, you will need an SL viewer which supports 2.0 features or higher)
• !dM Lenore – corset/AB **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – corset/AB w/garter **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – corset/AB bodice **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – corset/AB bodice w/garter **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – corset/AB bodice transparent **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – corset/AB bodice transparent w/garter **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – silkSleeves **WHITE***
• !dM Lenore – skullPasties***
• !dM Lenore – corset/A **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – corset/A bodice **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – corset/A bodice transparent **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – silkSleeves **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – skullPasties**
• !dM Lenore – corset/A **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – corset/A bodice **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – corset/A bodice transparent **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – silkSleeves **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – skullPasties*
• !dM Lenore – corset/B **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – corset/B w/garter **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – panties **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – panties w/garter **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – panties w/pantyhose **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – corset/B **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – corset/B w/garter **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – panties **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – panties w/garter **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – panties w/pantyhose **WHITE*
• !dM Lenore – stockings **WHITE**
• !dM Lenore – pantyhose (footpart) **WHITE**
Prim attachments with resize option:
• !dM Lenore – bodiceFrills (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM Lenore – corsetFrills (w/resize) (chest)
• !dM Lenore – bridalSkirt (w/resize) (pelvis)
• !dM Lenore – bridalVeil (w/resize) (chin)
• !dM Lenore – skullSleeves (w/resize) (right)
• !dM Lenore – skullSleeves (w/resize) (left)
• !dM Lenore – fullSleeves (w/resize) (right)
• !dM Lenore – fullSleeves (w/resize) (left)
• !dM Lenore – frillSleeves (w/resize) (right)
• !dM Lenore – frillSleeves (w/resize) (left)
• !dM Lenore – garterClips (w/resize) (right)
• !dM Lenore – garterClips (w/resize) (left)
(Please see included notecard for information about used resize script)
Checking for Updates:
• !dM “Little Lenore” – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz)
Please inform us if anything is missing, just make sure SL did really unpack it all! (sometimes not all items are copied to your inventory, so please double-check by unpacking the box again in a low-lag zone before getting in touch with us)
DETAILED INFORMATION (please read!)
In most cases it helps to adjust the placement of the prims on your avatar before resizing, as the attachment position on first wearing highly depends on the height of your shape, length of arms/legs, etc., so items attach for everybody slightly different (higher or lower, sometimes a little rotating forward/backwards). You will find a picture guide in this box to explain how to edit the attachment point if you are unfamiliar with how to do it. :-)
Please make sure to take a copy of the original items (or keep your original box for backup in the folder) before moding and delete the scripts out of this modded copy after you are done! Included is a notecard for all functions of the script.
The pack includes an object named !dM “Little Lenore” – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz) which will check for free upgrades to any of the content of this set. We’ve included this so you will be up-to-date on all changes that might occur of any of the items and scripts in this set.
When rezzing, it will take a short while before the update client connects to our server and you will receive your free upgrade should any be available. In the rare case when it doesn’t automatically connect, you can call for the update manually by typing “/12update” (without quotes) in open chat right next to the object.
Please take note, the update script is not active until a first upgrade is made available. (So nothing will happen at all until then)
You don’t need to check daily yourself, we keep you informed through our mainstore by adding the same ‘updated’ sign as in this object around our vendor, and updates will also be listed on our blog: http://chanimations.deviousmind.net/about/updated/
And as with everything scripted: Make sure you are in a sim that allows for scripts to run!
Enjoy your new costume!
All textures for this set (except little skulls and flower shading texture) are original designs and have been created by Chandra Meehan for (*chanimations and deviousMind – if you find them used by anybody else not connected to us, please inform us! Thank you in advance!
BAD SCULPTIE RENDERING?
If you have problems with sculpties seeming rough edged and not properly rezzing – go to Advanced Menu (if it doesn’t show on the top bar, press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-D to show it), Debug Setting… – type ‘RenderVolumeLODFactor’ (without quotes) and set it to 4.000. It will take a short moment and your sculpties will render smoother when looking at them from a distance! Search the Wiki if you want more info about the RenderVolumeLODFactor.