“This is Halloween…”
Burlesque Couture and Halloween Costume
by !dM deviousMind
Since we didn’t create any traditional Halloween Costume yet, 2010 was about time to finally put the thought into layers and prims at deviousBeauty! Only the ‘traditional’ didn’t work out so well, as it turned just into what you’d expected instead: seductive, cheeky and playfully burlesque! So bring out those pumpkins and up on the stage for a night with thrills and chills of a different kind! ;-)
This illustrated costume consists of a variety of different items and clothing layers, to allow you utmost flexibility when styling your avatar. Aside from base clothing pieces like gloves, pantyhose and satin panties, you will find a net top, spider pasties, orange-black satin corsets in two styles (bare and covered) with matching frilly flexi skirt, attachment ties for the corset strings, two different glovetop options (with belts and tied, or only tied – or you can wear them without any attachments) and a cute little spider head dress, both with and without veil. And to round it all off, a gorgeously tied collar full of frills and spider feathers, consisting of a combination of prims and texture layer for an easy fitting with different avatar sizes. (please see full list of content and properties in the following)
Shoes are NOT included in this costume – worn for the ad are releases by BAX Boots (left), Stiletto Moody (middle) and Maitreya (right).
Those attachments that may require resizing can be adjusted by touch through a resize menu. Please see included notecard for details.
As well included is an UPDATE CHECK to keep you up to date with every piece of this outfit – please read all information at the end of the content listing.
You should find the following things in your new couture box:
(copy/no transfer/no modify)
• !dM MsSally – corset/AB *HALLOWEEN***
• !dM MsSally – corset/AB bodice *HALLOWEEN***
• !dM MsSally – latexCollar *HALLOWEEN***
• !dM MsSally – netTop *HALLOWEEN***
• !dM MsSally – spiderPasties***
• !dM MsSally – corset/A *HALLOWEEN**
• !dM MsSally – corset/A bodice *HALLOWEEN**
• !dM MsSally – latexCollar *HALLOWEEN**
• !dM MsSally – netTop *HALLOWEEN**
• !dM MsSally – spiderPasties**
• !dM MsSally – corset/A *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – corset/A bodice *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – latexCollar *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – netTop *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – spiderPasties*
• !dM MsSally – corset/B *HALLOWEEN**
• !dM MsSally – spiderStockings w/panties *HALLOWEEN**
• !dM MsSally – satinPanties**
• !dM MsSally – corset/B *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – spiderStockings w/panties *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – satinPanties*
• !dM MsSally – pantyhose (footpart) *HALLOWEEN*
• !dM MsSally – gloves *HALLOWEEN*
Prim attachments with resize option:
• !dM MsSally – ruffleSkirt (w/resize) *HALLOWEEN* (pelvis)
• !dM MsSally – featherCollar (w/resize) *HALLOWEEN* (chest)
• !dM MsSally – featherCollar tied (w/resize) *HALLOWEEN* (chest)
• !dM MsSally – gloveTops *HALLOWEEN* (w/resize) (left)
• !dM MsSally – gloveTops *HALLOWEEN* (w/resize) (right)
(Please see included notecard for information about used resize script)
Prim attachments without resize:
(copy/no transfer/no modify)
• !dM MsSally – spiderHat (chin)
• !dM MsSally – spiders (upper leg right)
• !dM MsSally – spiders (chest)
• !dM MsSally – corsetLaces (upperTie) (spine)
• !dM MsSally – corsetLaces (lowerTie) (stomach)
• !dM MsSally – gloveLaces (optional) (left)
• !dM MsSally – gloveLaces (optional) (right)
Checking for Updates:
• !dM “Miss Sally” – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz)
Please inform us if anything is missing, just make sure SL did really unpack it all! (sometimes not all items are copied to your inventory, so please double-check by unpacking the box again in a low-lag zone before getting in touch with us)
DETAILED INFORMATION (please read!)
In many cases it helps to first adjust the positioning of the prims on your avatar before resizing, as the attachment highly depends on the height of your shape and attaches for everybody slightly different (higher or lower, sometimes a little rotating forward/backwards). You will find a picture guide in this box to explain how to edit the attachment point if you are unfamiliar with how to do it. :-)
Please make sure to take a copy of the original items (or keep your original box for backup in the folder) before moding and delete the scripts out of this modded copy after you are done! Included is a notecard for all functions of the script.
The pack includes an object named “!dM “Miss Sally” – CHECK FOR UPDATE (rezz)” which will check for free upgrades to any of the content of this set. We’ve included this so you will be up-to-date on all changes that might occur of any of the items and scripts in this set.
When rezzing, it will take a short while before the update client connects to our server and you will receive your free upgrade should any be available. In the rare case when it doesn’t automatically connect, you can call for the update manually by typing “/12update” (without quotes) in open chat right next to the object.
If nothing happens at all even after the manual call for it, it might be there is no update set up yet – it will function and reply though once the first update is available.
You don’t need to check daily yourself, we keep you informed through our mainstore by adding the same ‘updated’ sign as in this object around our vendor, and updates will also be listed on our blog: http://chanimations.deviousmind.net/about/updated/
And as with everything scripted: Make sure you are in a sim that allows for scripts to run!
Enjoy your new costume!
All textures for this set have been created by Chandra Meehan for (*chanimations and deviousMind – if you find them used by anybody else not connected to us, please inform us! Thank you in advance!
BAD SCULPTIE RENDERING?
If you have problems with sculpties seeming rough edged and not properly rezzing – go to Advanced Menu (if it doesn’t show on the top bar, press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-D to show it), Debug Setting… – type ‘RenderVolumeLODFactor’ (without quotes) and set it to 4.000. It will take a short moment and your sculpties will render smoother when looking at them from a distance! Search the Wiki if you want more info about the RenderVolumeLODFactor.