SIM wide pictureContest
deviousMind sim is slowly heading towards its 1 year anniversary – and winter is finally coming to an end, so it seems about a good time to waken creativity back up too and have our first sim wide photo challenge!
Quite a bit has changed since “Abraham” sim changed its name and went to a full sim, we’ve watched it slowly get fine tuned, more decorated, more holes in the structure patched, more buildings for our creations sorted out and furnished. “deviousBeauty” turned from catterpillar into a butterfly as it has grown and transformed, “TimeWarp” at South end of the sim finally gives a little home to some of our oldest SL creations, and “deviousLiving” slowly comes out of hibernation as well to catch the first rays of spring.
Following “Cupcakes & Poetry” by Elise Capalini (which is located in the bakery at theater square), we’d like to welcome “Cache” furniture by Tallulah Bourjade at deviousMind as well. You find her store at the little market place area on the North-East side of the sim.
So we’ve all put some prizes for you in the pot that are waiting for the lucky winners:
• 1500L paid out to you directly, plus a 1500L gift card for (*chanimations
• 1000L gift card for Cupcakes & Poetry
• One full set of “Moulin Rouge” furniture by Cache: couch, chair, ottoman, chaise and three rugs
• 1000L paid out to you directly, plus a 1000L gift card for (*chanimations
• 500L gift card for Cupcakes & Poetry
• “Library Nook” by Cache
• 500L paid out to you directly, plus a 500L gift card for (*chanimations
• Assorted collection of cupcakes by Cupcakes & Poetry
• “Ottoman” by Cache
Please follow these guidelines for your submission:
1. The contest is focused on the sim itself - you can use our poses or clothing items or anything else you picked up at deviousMind, but it is not a must. That being said, a portrait close-up is not what we are looking for either, you need to be able to recognize where the picture was taken to meet the idea of the challenge.
2. Only pictures taken at deviousMind sim will enter – beyond that, all graphical styles and image themes are allowed! This includes as well nudity if it’s appropriate for the’story you are telling with your image! (obviously a random naked person standing in the sim doesn’t make sense and won’t give any special bonus in the evaluation.)
3. Post-production with any graphic program is allowed and encouraged, but of course also ‘plain SL snapshots’ can be submitted if you feel it works with your image concept!
4. MOST IMPORTANT:
You are the creator of the artwork and hold full rights on the image! Please don’t hire a photographer to do the work for you! With submitting your pictures to the contest, you are granting deviousMind the right to use it in connection to our sim (for example pictures in the buildings, to post on our blog, use in future graphic designs connected to deviousMind).
ENTRIES and DEADLINE
5. No specific image formate or proportionas are required as long as it is at least 512×1024, 1024×512, 1024×1024 pixels in size. Larger is great as well, just don’t make it smaller.
6. You may submit up to TWO entries. Take your time and decide on your finals and don’t submit more than those two. Changes on your selections can be made until deadline – not afterwards. If you submitted MORE than two images, please understand that your entries CANNOT be considered for the first prizes.
7. Submit your picture to our flickr pool at http://www.flickr.com/groups/chanimations – if it is needing ‘restricted’ flagging according to flickr ToS, please follow the link on the group page to our v18+ image pool.
7.a OPTIONAL: if you don’t have a flickr account, leave a comment with a link where your image can be downloaded in the comments to this post. Your comment MUST include ‘Submission for pictureContest by [YOUR AVATAR NAME]‘ to be able to contact you and as well recognize it as “not another spam link” :-D (Please don’t use this option if you DO have a flickr account, to keep it easier managable)
8. Your work MUST be TAGGED with “deviousMind pictureContest March 2010″ otherwise it will not enter the contest (we will search by tag to see all submissions since there is other images in our pools as well).
9. Deadline for entries will be Monday, April 12th 2010 at noon (12pm SLT). Submissions after this time will not be valid anymore.
Have fun, and we’re looking forward to see your creativity and your entries!